Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sims 1 Sims in TS3?

I didn't think it could be done, but I managed to fit the Ultimate Venue that comes with the Showtime Limited Edition into Twinbrook. I deleted the Pidgin's house and replaced it with a 64x64 lot using the in-game world editor. If you place it just right it won't even distort the terrain or anything. Not sure why EA didn't just make it 64x64 in the first place.

Anyways, this post isn't about the placing of the Ultimate Venue as much as what I saw once I had a sim perform inside it.

Why hello there, Sims 1 era sims! It's been a while!


No, I'm not complaining about this. I actually find it kind of cool. I knew that big show venues were going to have these less detailed sims showing up to make show audiences look huge without killing our computers, but they seriously look like Sims 1 sims converted to 3D to me. It's giving me flashbacks to the beginning of the very first Sims 2 trailer...



Not sure if EA intended it or not, but seeing that crowd in Showtime gave me a huge dose of nostalgia. Makes you think "What if," doesn't it?

I guess that result would have been like how you were able to play as the Tony Hawk character copy and pasted from the very first Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game in Tony Hawk's Underground 2. Kind of interesting in concept, but definitely not something I would have wanted for the next entry in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment